Making the most of an annual insurance review
When was the last time you reviewed your insurance?
Was it when you got married, had a baby, started your own business, retired, added a pet to your family, sent a kid off to college, finished your basement? Believe it or not, your insurance is probably out-of-date and it is time for a review. As a good rule of thumb, when there’s a change in your life, more likely than not, your insurance will need to change, too. And, that means it’s time to give us a call.
An annual review is really a good idea for a number of reason.
- If there is some sort of property loss, you’ll want your policy to be up-to-date to ensure that you’re covered.
- We’ll go over specific details about your life and insurance policies to make sure that all your needs are met.
- With life changes, such as going to work for yourself, retiring or getting married there could very well be something that you haven’t covered.
I’m here to help you through the process. Here are a few things you can do to be sure you get the most from your next insurance review.
To make sure we cover everything bring information on all of your cars, home, life insurance (if you have it), work coverage. All aspects of your life that might need additional insurance protection.
I know insurance-speak can be confusing so don’t be hesitant to ask questions about your policies. The bottom line is that you should understand what you’re paying for.
Think in scenarios
Insurance is there to protect you during the “what-ifs.” What if my tree falls on a neighbor’s fence? What if something happens to you and your family needs that life insurance policy? What if you get sick do you have the right coverage? And, of course, if you own a business there are a range of scenarios to think about. Let’s talk about these “what-if” to learn more about your insurance and be confident in what risks your policy covers.
Don’t be afraid of this type of review
Part of the value of your policy is that it comes with me, your insurance agent. And, I’m here to help you understand your policy, while making sure that you have proper coverage at the best price. When you finish your review, you will be in a better position because your insurance will reflect your current needs, you’ll have a better understanding of your policies and you may even save a buck or two along the way.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Do You Know What These Key Insurance Terms Mean?
- HIPAA: Why is it important to me?
- Life Insurance Facts to Consider
- Will Plan F be Discontinued In year 2020? The Answer is Yes and No
- Commonly Asked Questions About Life Insurance
- February is American Heart Month: We want you to take it to heart
- Start the year with a review of your insurance coverage needs
- Apps to help you manage your time and productivity
- Making the most of an annual insurance review
- Have a happy holiday season
- Time for Review Your End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Five mobile apps to help you manage your holiday spending and beyond
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- It’s Time to Take a Walk!
- September is Life Insurance Awareness Month
- Protect Yourself From Health Insurance Fraud and Scams
- How Do Drug Formularies and Drug Tiers Work?