5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
Ah, spring! A time when the Earth awakens from its winter slumber and bursts back to life. Seedlings emerge from the soil, fields of grass turn from brown to green, and frozen rivers begin to flow again.
But if spring had a mascot, it certainly would be the beautiful blooming flowers which appear after the early season’s rain. So, to celebrate this remarkable time of year, it only seems appropriate to proudly display the rainbow of colors offered by nature.
Instead of just putting a few cuttings in a vase of water, however, be imaginative and try to really show off each bouquet’s beauty with unique containers. To get your creative juices flowing, we’ve gathered the 5 top creative spring décor ideas you can use to brighten up your home.
For the birds – Transform an old or vintage birdcage into a unique and inspiring plant holder for your favorite blossoms. Many used bird cages can be found at flea markets, antique stores, or online. Find one with lots of character to really make your decoration stand out.
Eggs and flowers – For many flower lovers, you have a plethora of clear vases lying around. Before you add water and flowers, dye eggs in spring pastel colors to use as a uniquely springtime way to brighten up the bottom of your vase. Keep in mind fresh eggs will sink to the bottom. Any that float to the top should be tossed out.
The spring wreath – Normally reserved for the winter holiday season, wreaths provide a simple, yet colorful way to display hardy flowers such as tulips and sunflowers on your front door. Simply purchase a grapevine wreath from your local nursery or craft store and insert your favorite flowers and a little bit of baby’s breath.
Boots not just for walking – A wonderfully creative way to display your favorite flowers on your front porch or patio is using brightly colored rubber boots. As rain boots are waterproof, drill small holes in the bottom to allow air circulation and water drainage. Add soil, flower powder, and your favorite bulbs. You’ll have the perfect conversation starter in no time!
Upside down and inside out – April showers bring May flowers. If you are looking for a creative flower display for your front doors, find an umbrella and use it as a hanging container for your next bouquet. You can use an umbrella that pairs with your home’s overall décor or search for the perfect print to match the mood of the season.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Do You Know What These Key Insurance Terms Mean?
- HIPAA: Why is it important to me?
- Life Insurance Facts to Consider
- Will Plan F be Discontinued In year 2020? The Answer is Yes and No
- Commonly Asked Questions About Life Insurance
- February is American Heart Month: We want you to take it to heart
- Start the year with a review of your insurance coverage needs
- Apps to help you manage your time and productivity
- Making the most of an annual insurance review
- Have a happy holiday season
- Time for Review Your End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Five mobile apps to help you manage your holiday spending and beyond
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- It’s Time to Take a Walk!
- September is Life Insurance Awareness Month
- Protect Yourself From Health Insurance Fraud and Scams
- How Do Drug Formularies and Drug Tiers Work?